Thursday, July 22, 2010

Victories and Disasters

I made it through the weekend in Las Vegas- staying compliant to the diet- and then...Monday came and I hit a brick wall.  I didn't eat food that was outside of my diet- the problem was- I..didn't..eat. Anything.  Monday I was at the Las Vegas Airport at 4:25AM- I had a 7AM Flight, so I didn't eat breakfast- when 10am rolled around- I was going to eat my snack but the
airplane wasn't carrying peanuts (see more about that here).
They only had cookies and pretzels- So I didn't eat my snack- we landed about noon- but we were in a hurry (my friend's baby was there and he was needing a diaper changed!) so we went straight to my house- I was so tired that I just fell asleep once I got into my room- I woke up and my wife had to leave- so I fed the kids, but had NO desire to eat! I was like a zombie (except i didn't want to eat human flesh...)  Just out of it, and couldn't snap back to reality! The next morning I was back on track- went to work and things have been normal since then. I did my cardio challenge for the week (Run/Jog 1 mile on treadmill or track without coming to a walk) It took everything I had- but I did it. Now my left foot has a huge blister, and it's slow to heal since I'm working out every day!
 I hope I didn't sabotage myself.  Just trying to kick it into high gear and bring a good number to the Truth Teller on Saturday.

-Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment