Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Pushed to the Limit

Last night at the gym I ran 1/2 a mile on the track and walked 1/2 a mile, then I accomplished my cardio challenge that Matt B. gave me on Saturday (do 2 miles straight on the bike- and reduce the time it takes). Previously I could do 1 mile on the bike in 12 minutes and I was feeling like I might croak- but this was different.  I had my earphones in and I just pushed it to the max- I closed my eyes and started pedaling furiously.  I had the bike set on the Fat Burner course.  I am sweating profusely and my pulse is racing, I can feel my lungs, legs, and thighs growing tired, but I push harder. Then all the sudden- I open my eyes and the screen says "good workout: Completed Course in: 7min 29sec.  I just busted out 2 miles in less time than I use to do 1 mile...almost 5 minutes less time.  I felt this victory, this sense of accomplishment.  I felt good. 

I reported in last night to the guys of T8WC and got an encouraging message from Matt B.  Now I need to do it again- he encouraged me to continue to push myself and try to meet this challenge at my new time (or better) 

I am not looking back- I am a finisher.


-Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment