Monday, July 12, 2010

Death Sentance

Let me start by explaining. 

My name is Luke- I am 25 years old.  By your standards- I'm fat, overweight, whatever you want to call it.  By the standards of those in the medical community- I'm Morbidly Obese. 
In April 2010, I visited my doctor and was weighed and examined.  I weighed 401lbs.  I was diagnosed with High Blood Pressure and told to change my life style and eating habits or I could be facing a premature death.  OUCH.  That has been the harshest conversation I've ever had with my doctor. 

Fast forward to July 1st, my boss informed me that the weight loss accountability program he was participating in was about to start over again, and there was room for more guys in it.  I fluttered with excitement and a little fear (what if I started, but then wimped out??) I got in contact with Matt B. (the guy in charge of the program) and let me tell you- He is intense!  He all but told me I COULDN'T do the program, he tried to convince not to do it- that it was too hard, and too demanding.  He was testing my desire to be in the program.  I pushed ahead.  I was committed to it- i signed a contract and gave my word to stick to the diet and follow the workout routine. 

July 10, 2010- I went to my first meeting for this program, called The 8 Week Challenge.

We weigh in, and get measured (I'm now at 383lbs.) and then Matt introduced me to the group.  There are 10 guys total.  It was a good introduction to the program- there was good support from these guys.  They're all where I am.  Trying to lose weight.

I'm excited for this journey. You can check in weekly to see my updates. 
Here is my Before picture.
I decided to stop shaving until the challenge is over- I want to look drastically different.
Today is day 3 of week 1.  Hoo Ra!
-Luke

3 comments:

  1. Hey Luke - way to go man! It'll be tough, but YOU CAN DO IT! I'll be happy to help you be accountable (because you'll be keeping me accountable without even knowing it, except I guess now you know it...)

    Keep it down! (saying keep it up seemed counter productive for a weight loss challenge. HAHA!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a hard journey, but it's totally worth it. Good luck, Luke! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys- i love the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete