Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dietary

This challenge is about more than just exercising.  There is a strict eating plan as well.  Being a lover of numerous cuisines, It pains me to deprive myself of the food I love (including that which I grew up eating- like pasta and meatballs, Italian sausage stew, tacos, volcano's and so much more)

Everyday- this is my eating schedule:

Before 8AM-Breakfast: 3 eggs (scrambled or fried)

10AM- Snack: 1/4 cup of Almonds or a Whey Protein shake

12PM- Lunch: 1/4 cup of chicken or steak or any seafood that swims (could be grilled, baked or poached-
just no deep frying) and all the veggies I want

3PM- Repeat Snack

5PM-Dinner: (same rules as lunch)

7PM- Repeat Snack

It's been challenging to see people eating all the food I use to eat, but then again- they are not in my situation.  Even harder was hosting a cookout where we served burgers and hot dogs...my favorite summertime foods, but I sat and ate my chicken and broccoli and it was okay. This is for my sake- so I can go on living this life.  It won't be forever, but for now- this diet is my new favorite cuisine.  Staying compliant.  Tonight is cardio night at the gym- kick it up a notch, Hoo Ra!

-Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment