Monday, August 9, 2010

Week 4 Weigh In- War on Weight

Saturday morning, I woke up early and weighed myself- looking for another few pounds down- but what I saw made me catch my breath.  WHAT! 370.6 lbs. The scale says I've gained 3 pounds!  WHAT?! WHAT?!?! WHAAT!?!?!?!?  I slumped down off the scale, defeated.  Feeling worthless- for all the work I'd put in, I somehow failed.  This was very suspicious though...I refused to believe it, so with the scale in hand- I went to Matt B.'s house.  I got measured first- bicep was good, chest was good, and handle measurement was a small milestone- I lost an inch :)  I was excited, then nervous...because the scale was next!  I climbed up on the Truth Teller, and closed my eyes-365lbs! I felt lighter than air (kinda) and told Matt B. what I'd found on the scale at home. So we set them side by side and my home scale was exactly 5 lbs heavier on the measurement.  I was worried for nothing. 
We did our strength test- I added 20 lbs to my bench press- making it 10 reps at 110lbs.  My arm was still sore from golfing on Thursday, so my curl number was a little short, but my biggest improvement was the dreaded PLANK.  I previously did 1 min. 10 seconds.  This time as the time was being counted, I reached a minute-ten and felt strong still.  I made it to 1 minute 52 seconds!  YAY for strength- and praise God for giving it to me.  My new cardio goal this week is to go 2.25 miles on the track or treadmill.  Oh Boy!  It's gonna be a week of testing.  Each week is a battle in this lifetime war. 

Hoo Ra!
-Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment