Monday, August 2, 2010

Week 3 Weigh-In, Full Steam AHEAD!

A couple days ago was my 3rd weigh in on T8WC.  I was so nervous to touch the scale, after having a small loss last time, I closed my eyes... 367.6 it said.  What! I did it! I killed it. That was a 5.1 lb loss for the week.  I am super pumped.  I also knew that I had a challenge to face- going 2 miles without stopping! This was a 2 week challenge- since we didn't weigh in together, we were going to make a challenge to push ourselves and Matt B. doubled up on my challenge from the previous week.  This morning I went to the gym and after a week of trying to do 2 miles and failing- today, I did it.  I was going on such a good pace, I looked at the total distance and I'd done 2.18 miles straight! I felt an enormous sense of accomplishment and pride- I know that God was carrying me through- giving me strength to press forward.  Matt B. replied to my compliance email (which we do daily), he said only 4 words when I'd mentioned trying to do the 2 miles and getting 1.84 miles on my best attempt- he said "mash down the accelerator" and I took those words to heart. Putting my foot to the floor and giving every ounce I had. 
Thanks for the encouragement Matt B. - O' Captain, my Captain.

Monday: start of a new week.  I feel pumped about the progress that I WILL make this week, I'm gonna go for now.  Thanks to anyone that reads this and sends a little prayer my way.

-Luke

3 comments:

  1. Well done, Luke! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the awesome work, Luke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO Proud of you Luke! Keep up the great work, you're such an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete