Monday, August 30, 2010

Barriers

Wow- another week down- here we are- pushing toward that 8 week mark!  This past Saturday, I had another great weigh in! 3.2 lbs down for the week- that brings me to 350.8lbs.  Wow since April- I've lost 50 lbs! Holy Moly!  Praise God for this!  I feel good- well kinda- today I feel sore :(
I was at the gym this morning- trying to start my week off good and bust out my cardio challenge early.  I was on the StairMaster for less than a minute and suddenly- SNAP! CRASH! OW!  The pin that keeps the driving chain attached to the step on the StairMaster just broke off- it was completely rusted out.  I landed on my right foot- HARD, and it really hurt me- scraped my calf pretty good on the other leg too.  I had to take the elevator down.  My ankle was really sore and started to spasm a little.
I knew right away-  This is an attack!  They are going to fix the StairMaster but it'll be a few days they said.  I need prayer, people.  I need to heal, and I need to get back in the gym and put up a good number this week- No faulty equipment will stop this progress.  Satan will do whatever he can to derail us from a Christ-led course.  I will not stop.  I want to push it extra hard this week- But I don't want to hurt myself and be unable to workout at all!

Barriers, we put them up sometimes- mentally, sometimes- physically we push so hard that it actually builds up a road block to stop us dead in our tracks.  I need to remember- Limits, Discernment and most of all common sense.  I know when it's time to take it easy. 

The road to freedom moves on, with a limp- for now.

1 comment:

  1. If your ankle's doing weird stuff, the gym should pay for a doctor's visit. Faulty equipment that injures people is bad news.

    If your ankle needs rest, keep in mind you can still get your cardio in with things like rowing machines and even just throwing punches. You're doing great, so don't let this get you down.

    ReplyDelete