Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What, Why, How

Hello friends- I've gotta say, Last week was a stalemate. I Gained 1lb.  I feel like I was retaining water- despite working out very hard.  As Matt B. reminded me- this is a test of character- continue to push- don't let this trip you up or slow you down.  The body goes through this periodically- I'd lost almost 3X the amount of weight (that I'm "supposed to" the week before, so I'm not worried about it)
This week has been right on track- Despite the enemy's attacks at every turn- I remain diligent.

A thought occurred to me-
Every day we are faced with what seems like an immeasurable amount of choices.  From the second that you wake up, you make choices.  I choose when to get out of bed.  I choose what clothes I'll wear, what shoes, when to eat, what to eat, which way to go to work, should I speed up at that Yellow light or slow down, what words I'll say, and how I'll say them, and so on and so on.  So I asked myself- "What are the answers to 3 questions that most any decision takes into consideration-
WHAT am I doing?  WHY am I doing it?  and HOW will I do it?"

With all the changes and choices I make and have made to my lifestyle, I can answer these questions.

WHAT am I doing?  I am allowing transformation to occur in my heart. Doing that transforms my attitude, which motivates me to improve myself (mentally, spiritually, and physically).
WHY am I doing it?  To show the world that the power of Christ is real.  That ALL things are possible, through Jesus.
HOW will I do it?  By committing myself to live up to my full, God breathed potential. 

We are all made in the image and likeness of God. 

God didn't make me unhealthy, fat, and broken.  I did that to myself.  And because my heart, mind and spirit are being transformed from their destructive ways- I CHOOSE to live a life that is More healthy, more focused, and more productive.

Today- make good choices- driven by prayer and full understanding; not impulse and cloudy judgement.  Today I choose to press on.

-Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment