Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spring has Sprung

Hello faithful,
I am writing today with Joy in my heart.  I had a phenomenal weekend and Good news to report. 
But let's back up a little bit there!  The last time I'd written I was 267lbs.  Since then- I weighed 263lbs two weeks ago, a great week full of sweat and tears on the elliptical. It was crazy. 
I spent this past weekend with my Dad for his 75th birthday.  I saw my Sisters from Texas and their husbands.  So there was a ton of positive comments and encouragement from them.  My dad told me he was proud of me for the work I'd done in making myself healthier (Which is better than any gold star you got in grade school).


I weighed in this past week 258lbs! that is a 5.8lb loss, which (in the words of Matt B.) is a Fantastic week.  I really think my metabolism is working properly.  So, eating right and the hard work at the gym is paying off. 


I am excited to do some spring time activities.  Playing on the church softball team, going golfing with my brother, and just getting outdoors with my kids on a regular basis to walk, run and play. 


This spring in my step is due to the continued outpouring of God's beautiful, wonderful, generous, and unending mercy.  Praise God for His work in me.
-Luke

74lbs to go!

1 comment:

  1. i love reading and seeing your progress! You are amazing! Such an inspiration for anyone looking to live a healthier life!

    ReplyDelete