Friday, April 1, 2011

Stand and Deliver

I promised my leader 269lbs.  With the blessing of God's gift to me in strength and determination- I showed up at 267lbs!  I felt like I could scream it was so exciting!  With a new challenge around ever turn, and the temptation of old stumbling blocks- I have to remind myself of this phrase "I am the God's".
Food was my idol, I leaned on food for comfort, strength, reassurance, affirmation, and consistency.  Food is always around.

This life transformation isn't about starving.  Its not about obsessing.  Its about seeing- truly- for the first time, what living is all about.  I am alive for the right reasons.  I live for the right reasons.  I workout and eat right for the right reasons.  To show that I am God's.  and that He will do great works and miracles in those that lean on HIM instead of the idols of this life.

I was listening to a really good song called "Tip the Scales" by Rise Against.  The song just pumps me up beyond belief.  check it out- if you find the time.

I am going places I've never gone before with this idea in mind.  "live like no one else" 
We'll see what tomorrow holds for me.

83lbs to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment