Thursday, October 7, 2010

MAYDAY! MAYDAY! WE'RE GOING DOWN!

Okay- on Monday morning, Leah and I both started feeling really bad- like achy, sore, tired, nauseous, headaches (FLU) or so we thought.

Tuesday: I couldn't function as a human,  I barely made it out of bed to get something to drink with the Tylenol.  I ate nothing, I drank practically nothing all day and night- just miserable, and poor Leah, not feeling good- but she had babysitting kids to turn away.  Wednesday:  after another grueling night and early morning we decided to go into the Dr. because we were both severely dehydrated.  after 3 hours of waiting, we were given IV fluids, nausea meds, antibiotics, and I had the unpleasant luck of having to drink a "GI Cocktail"  Which is a Maalox, peptobismol and oral lidocaine.  YUK!  made me gag a little. 
After all the labs came back on our blood- the doc thinks we may have Hepatitis A- not the flu. 
for more info go here.
it's not a airborne virus or anything so don't freak out.  We're on medicine that should fix it.  We'll see...
Thursday: we are at home, feeling slightly better, but not out of the woods yet.
Pray for us both- As the day wears on, I'm feeling less and less healed, and I'm sure Leah's feeling pretty bad too.

No comments:

Post a Comment