Wednesday, December 29, 2010

And As We Say Goodbye...

...to 2010, we say hello to 2011.  It's almost new years, and I have been thinking a lot about what I've done this year- what I want to do next year and mostly about what I couldn't have done without my group of guys.  Each day we send each other emails saying if we were compliant or not to our commitment.  Some days it's just "compliant", some days it's "non-compliant".  One of the most profound things that Matt B. has told me this year is it's not about how many times you fall but about how quickly you get up after falling.  The enemy for anyone that has ever struggled with weight is most often Their own self doubt.  since April 1, 2010 I have lost 115lbs. My goal for this year is to be done with this weight loss journey.  I want to be on maintenance (to maintain a healthy weight and not have to lose anymore to have a "normal" BMI)
On April 1, 2011 I want be below 250lbs. I am committing myself to being 185lbs by December 2011- Come hell or high water.

I am going to need a tremendous amount of strength and encouragement to do this- but I know that the people in my camp can help me see it through.  What an incredible year it's been.  What a journey, so far.  The journey continues.  The next time I weigh in it will be 2011- Here's to a fantastic New Year.

-Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment